Boy Scout Winter Camporee
The Upper Cumberland District Winter Camporee is January 14-16
THE EARLY YEARS OF SCOUTING
At Latimer High Adventure Scout Reservation
Cost: $7.50 (includes patch and camping)
Latimer High Adventure Reservation is located at 334 Plantation Road (Mapblast shows as Evans Road) in Spencer, TN (Van Buren County). We are approximately 45 minutes from I-40 at Exit 288.
Take Highway 111 south. Travel through Sparta and follow signs to Spencer at State Highway 285 E (24.5 miles from I-40). Turn left travel 7.5 miles on Highway 285 to the intersection of Highway 30. Turn left (E) and travel 3.4 miles to Highway 285 E. Turn left at waste disposal site (there is a brown and white Latimer High Adventure Reservation sign with left arrow on your right). Travel 6.0 miles on Highway 285 E to Midway Church of Christ (white church building on your left). Turn left/straight (there is another sign here) onto Lewis Wilson Road for 2.3 miles (pavement ends in .3 miles – turns into gravel). Follow gravel road bearing left at intersections to the entrance of Latimer High Adventure Reservation.
THEME OF WINTER CAMPOREE: THE EARLY YEARS OF SCOUTING
Activities for Troops to run:
3. Stars through a tube after dark—-Troop 355 is doing this
4. Staff to find length of something
5. 1920-1930 Camp site—Everyone doing this
6. Map Longitude & Latitude: Point to Point—- Troop 295
7. Mail Box
8. Fire starting with wet wood—-Troop 156
9. Patrol Flags—Everyone is doing this
10. Lashing: Camp Improvements—Everyone is doing this
11. Meal Competition —Everyone is doing this
Bring questions to Roundtable Thursday the Camporee committee will be there with details.
Latimer is a great place, if your Troop has never been there do not miss this Camporee!!