TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING!
UCD Cub Scouters please lend me your ear. The following training dates are being offered in September. Cubmaster’s/Committee Chairs please make sure that your volunteers are trained for the position that they serve. It is mandatory that they be trained. Every Scout Deserves A Trained Leader!
Cub Scout Leaders (Please note that all Cub Scout Trainings Can Be Completed On-line at http://olc.scouting.org/ This includes Position Specific Training!!!)
- Thursday 9/2/10 1st United Methodist Church 6pm-7pm YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
- Saturday 9/11/10 The River Community Church 8am-11am POSITION SPECIFIC TRAINING
o C.O.R. Training
o Committee Member Training
o Cubmaster Training
o Webelos Leader Training
o Den Leader Training (Wolf & Bear)
o Tiger Cub Leader Training
o Pack Trainer Training
- Saturday 9/25/10 Methodist Lake Lodge 8am-3pm B.A.L.O.O. TRAINING
Venturer Leaders and Venturer Youth
- Saturday 9/17 – 19 Latimer Reservation Venturing Leadership Skills Course http://mtcbsa.org/Youth/scout/training/vlsc.html
BOY SCOUT LEADERS
- November 12 – 14 (WEEKEND) Parish Wilderness Reservation (Camp Tubb) O.L.S. TRAINING http://mtcbsa.org/Volunteers/training/OLS.html
- This class is filling up quickly. Reserve your spot today. Registration forms will be available at Thursdays Roundtable. The class will fill up-reserve your spot today!
All newly registered Volunteers must take YPT (Youth Protection Training) before their Registration forms are submitted to Council. The form must include a copy of the completed YPT certificate than can be printed off upon completing the course. Go to http://olc.scouting.org/
Youth Protection Training Notice
You do not have to be a registered member or have a member ID to take Youth Protection training.
To take Youth Protection training:
1. From the menu on the left, click E-Learning.
2. From the General tab, scroll down to Youth Protection Training and click Take Course.
3. When you complete the course, print a certificate of completion to submit with a volunteer application, or submit the certificate to the unit leader for processing at the local council.
4. When your volunteer application is approved, you will receive a BSA membership card, which includes your member ID number. After you receive your membership card, log onto MyScouting, click My Profile, and enter your member ID number. This links your Youth Protection training records, and any other MyScouting training records, to your BSA membership.