New Training Dates Released
Most of you have recieved or will be receiving a spreadsheet containing training information regarding your Unit. Please, look at the information and follow the directions provided. Below is a list of upcoming training in the District & Council. If your Unit needs training-please, please plan to attend.
Every Boy Deserves a Trained Leader. Please contact Tom Lamb, UCD District Training Chairman if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to facilitate getting your unit leaders trained.
Upcoming Training Dates:
Youth Protection Training: Offered at Monthly Roundtables or BSA Online Learning Center
Troop Committee Challenge: Will be offered at the April Roundatble.
Cub Scout Leader Training (All Positions): Saturday May 1, 2010 — Cookeville, Location TBA
Scoutmaster Leader Training: Saturday June 5, 2010 — Cookeville, Location TBA
Scoutmaster Outdoor Leadership Skills (Required to complete SM training)
- Fri – Sun, March 26-28, 2010 — Boxwell Reservation (Weekend Format)
- Fri-Sun, April 23-25, 2010 — Grimes Canoe Base (Weekend Format)
- Saturday, August 7 and August 21 — Boxwell Reservation (Attendance on both days required)
- Fri – Sun, November 12-14, 2010 — Parish Wilderness Reservation / Camp Tubb (Weekend Format)
College of Commissioner Science, Saturday, November 6, 2010
Trainer Development Conference, Saturday August 6, 2010 — Jet Potter Service Center (Nashville)
National Youth Leadership Training, July 18-24, 2010 — Boxwell Reservation
Wood Badge Session #1, Fri-Sun, August 27-29, 2010 — Boxwell Reservation
Wood Badge Session #2, Fri-Sun, September 24-26, 2010 — Boxwell Reservation
Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) — Not yet scheduled.
Don’t forget the following training can be completed ONLINE at BSA Online Learning Center
Cub Scout Training
- Fast Start: Cubmaster
- Fast Start: Tiger Den Leader
- Fast Start: Webelos Den Leader
- Fast Start: Wolf/Bear Den Leaders
Boy Scout Training